Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thing 23: I Made it!

Okay, so I waited to complete this course until the last final moment, but I made it! Actually, I have 3 hours and 45 minutes to spare-not that I am a procrastinator! :) Seriously, it wasn't procrastination as much as a crazy life with two little kids and very little free time. I loved this web class! Instead of coming away from it feeling like I learned a lot, I am coming away from it with enthusiasm to learn a lot more. I feel a little overwhelmed because I've been exposed to so much new information and cool new tools to use, that I don't really know where to start. I feel like I've been exposed to a ton of new ideas that my students would love. Some I'd heard of before, but most of them, even those I'd heard of, I'd never explored before. I almost need to make a plan and decide on maybe the top five things that I learned about of the 23 and order them and decide how I can incorporate them into my teaching. I believe that incorporating as many Web 2.0 tools will engage students more in their learning, but will also better meet them where they are at in this huge wave of technology that seems to change every day. My biggest question after this course is simply, what are some of the best sources for getting tips on the latest and greatest Web 2.0 tools? An online blog? A publication? I went into this class thinking that I used a lot of technology in my classroom. Afterward, I realized that there's so much I didn't know about. How did you find out about cool tools like Image Chef? When did you first learn about Flickr and Picasa? I hate to have this course finish and then that's it. I'm hoping that someone responds to this post with some ideas for me. I'm also hoping that Ron does a Web 2.0 continued course again in the future. It really inspired me to push myself and learn and incorporate something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment