Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Thing 13: Sharing your Vision

I had a lot of fun with this "thing?" I checked out all of the sites, but I really like Slideshare and Slide. It's amazing how many different types of presentations are on Slideshare, ones that I could use in school such as ones on the writing process or various science things like the water cycle as well as cool fun sites. My daughter loved checking out all of the sites on horses and it was neat that they have awards and that viewers can vote on their favorites. I chose Slide to create my own slideshow and again, my 8-year-old daughter had a hand in it. I didn't think the two other slideshow creation sites were as user friendly. Slide had neat grahics and background choices and I like that you can also instantly add your completed show to facebook or other locations. I lead a girl scout troop and I created one that shows images from three different events from this fall. It was super easy and fun to create. It would be neat in school to use Slide to have the students create personal biograhy projects or even presentations on a research topic. I noticed on other participant's blogs that they were able to actually post their completed slideshows. I couldn't figure out how to do that, but here is the web address to view my completed Girl Scout slide show.

http://www.slide.com/r/VN8-j6WHwD-dgU6is0V0UkF6iw1d_x8X?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

No comments:

Post a Comment